The Wolves of Midwinter

Monday, April 16, 2012

Preview of "College Free Summer Series" on A Bibliophile's Reverie






  Until May 3rd, I'm going to be frantically busy because I'll be trying to  finishing all my college assignments in time. That has been the trend for my entire semester, and it's one of the reasons that this blog has been updated infrequently. I'm aware that I made a calendar approximately two months ago that promised reviews of certain books during the month of March.

   For now, I'm going to plan on posting many of those reviews in May. Instead of giving you a calendar of upcoming reviews with planned dates, I'll just list the books that I plan on reviewing during the college-free summer months, where I'll have ample time to read, and write thorough reviews.
Upcoming posts on A Bibliophile's Reverie
Future Book Reviews (Tentative):

The Map Across Time


(Plus, I'll be providing a review of the sequel of "The Land of Darkness," around the same time the first review is posted)






(I don't normally read Star War books, but this one was an exceptional read. For that reason, I have to cover it to potentially debunk some pernicious myths about Star War books. I'm not your average Star Wars book reader. This was the first one I've read in 10 years.)






Forthcoming Blog Posts:

"The Wolf Gift" Philosophy/Discussion Posts


Hopefully, "The Wolf Gift" will be making a reappearance during my summer series. Similar to "The Vampire Chronicle" philosophy posts, I'm planning to do an in-depth analysis of Anne Rice's recent werewolf book. I'm personally excited about this one because ever since reading the book, I've had pages of notes that are waiting with bated breath to be incorporated into philosophical posts.




Shakespeare Film Festival....Bibliophile Style


     Ever since taking a Shakespeare course that was required for my English degree, I have developed this insatiable love for all things Shakespeare related. People must grow weary sometimes of how many things I seek to compare with "Macbeth," and "Hamlet." Anyways, I will forewarn you that my fervor about this particular blog series might traumatize you. I'll be reading a Shakespeare play, and essentially comparing it with a well-known film adaptation. Sometimes, I might include two film adaptations. For example, I know that "Twelfth Night"   has a standard adaptation with Helena Bonham Carter, and there's also an unorthodox adaptation, starring Amanda Bynes, called "She's the Man." For that particular comedy, I'll definitely be doing both. Either way, I am dangerously excited about this because I get to talk about Shakespeare outside of class.


      As you can see it, "A Bibliophile's Reverie" is not fading away into obscurity. I don't even know how I managed to post this, when I have four papers staring at me concernedly right now.. 



No comments: