The Wolves of Midwinter

Friday, September 07, 2007


This morning, when I saw on Yahoo news that Madeleine L'engle died I was in disbelief, the author of one of my all time favorite books, The Time Quartet, dead. The woman who wrote such awesome religious books such as And it was good, whose views that science proves God, and other viewpoints, it was made me shift my two year stint as atheist to a full out Christian. For me, she has made such a huge impact in my life, if I was there at her death bed, I would have kissed her hand and thanked her for the great impact she had on my spiritual walk. This wonderful woman may not be remembered by all, as she was a rather controversial figure in the Christian community. But let us take a moment of silence for one of the greatest writers of this past generation. I will always remember when I first read A Wrinkle in time (I read it some much its basically about to fall apart), loving the quirky characters such as Beast and Mrs. Whois and Whatsit?, and IT, one of the weirdest villains ever created. Madaleine L'engle, a woman whose books will definitely stand the test of time.

No comments: